Hi Loves, welcome back to my blog. I’m one of those naturals who believe a real deep cleanse of the hair is needed at least once a month to get rid of all product build up which co-wash may not do. Clarifying hair enable the hair follicles and scalp ready to absorb new products and flourish. But, clarifying shampoo can be too harsh on hair not only getting rid of the product build up, also stripping it of its natural oils and moisture. Hence, applying a pre-poo before washing protects the hair from the probable drying or harsh effect of a clarifying shampoo.
Pre-poo: literally means pre-shampoo is application of a conditioning treatment, oil or oil mixture to the hair and/or scalp and left for a period of time prior to shampoo or washing to add moisture to hair follicles and protect hair from harsh shampoo process.
Common pre-poos: what you use for pre-poo is up to you and what you feel your hair needs. Common pre-poos are
- Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Oil mix
- And there are products sold in stores marketed as pre-poo
I have used all above and using oil or oil mix is my favourite. I don’t have a favourite between Coconut or Olive oil as pre-poo, I use whichever one I feel like using.
How I Pre-poo: I pre-poo my hair once a month because I use a clarifying shampoo once a month.
- I warm the oil by placing it in a bowl of hot water, this makes working with it easier and aids absorption.
- I usually start on dirty hair. I put my hair in sections and work on sub-section of hair at a time,
- I apply the oil to my scalp and massage it,
- Then, I apply the oil to the hair body, rubbing it in and finger detangling.
- After applying the oil to my hair, I use cling film to cover my whole head
- I leave it in for 30 minutes to about one hour,
- Then I wash it off with a clarifying shampoo.
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Do you pre-poo your hair? What product(s) do you use? Please COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL (bottom page) and check out my Youtube Channel.
My Natural Hair Routine and products: http://bit.ly/2kcr6T4
12 Winter Natural Hair Care Tips: http://bit.ly/2iNScU8
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post.