Hi Guys, welcome back to my blog. Recently, I’ve been adding avocado to my DIY deep conditioner as I learnt that it can do wonders for hair. Avocado is a fruit that is loaded with potassium (almost twice of banana’s) and amino acids, proteins, magnesium, folic acid, copper and iron. It is also high in vitamins A, D, E and B6.
Benefits of Avocado for Hair
- Avocados are high in vitamins B & E, which work at cellular level to protect and strengthen hair
- It repairs damage in the scalp, which may slow or prevent hair growth
- It is an humectant; locks moisture into hair cells, nourishes hair cells, and strengthen hair roots, shafts and strands
- The high level of antioxidants like vitamin E in avocado are protective against environmental stressors and damage
- It revitalises hair, making curls bouncy and shiny.
- Conditioner as a base, I use the tresemme botanique nourish & restore conditioner
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed with fork
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
Deep Conditioning Routine
- I mixed and placed the mixture in a bowl of hot water to warm it up
- Applied to my hair
- Covered my hair with plastic caps
- Wrapped my hair with cling film to trap the heat from the warm deep conditioner
- Leave the deep conditioner in for about 30 minutes to one hour, then wash off
This deep conditioner left my hair soft, my curls were so elastic and bouncy.
I sure will be using avocado more to deep condition my hair.
Check out my previous blog post on deep conditioning: goo.gl/wPIuiN
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Do you use avocado to deep condition your hair? Please COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. FOLLOW my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL (bottom page) and check out my Youtube Channel.
How to Pre-poo Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2iXqmjv
My Natural Hair Routine and products: http://bit.ly/2kcr6T4
12 Winter Natural Hair Care Tips: http://bit.ly/2iNScU8
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post.