It feels good to be back on the blog after my long break. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you “MY YEAR 2016 IN REVIEW; SOME MILESTONES & LESSONS LEARNT. I know this post is late but as the saying goes, better late than never. First and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVES, wishing us all a blessed year ahead, In Shaa Allah.
2016 is full of ups and downs, a lot of “yes” moments and some “oh nos”.
In the first half of 2016, I was pregnant with my Lil King up till 16/06/16, when I had him. Holding Faaiz in my hands is one of the best moments of 2016 for me and my life. As you all know, pregnancy comes with its ups and downs; one of the things I struggle with during my pregnancies was anaemia as well as other discomforts that come with pregnancy which sucks. I think I dealt with it better during Faaiz’s pregnancy as I learnt to deal with the anaemia by taking my vitamins religiously rather than stressing over it and a previous pregnancy experience does help. It made my pregnancy period less stressful overall as I had a better knowledge.
Taking care of twin toddlers and a baby isn’t a joke especially during the first month, I talked about it better here.
16/07/16: I published my first blog post. I had wanted to start blogging since 2015 but I had a lot of doubts and restraints, which mostly are little things I shouldn’t have stressed myself over, things that at the long run didn’t even matter when it comes to blogging. I am so thankful I took this bold step as it has changed my life in a positive way. I have met a lot of beautiful people both online and offline. It gladdens my heart that I am able to share my motherhood journey, natural hair tips & styles and makeup with you guys.
31/08/16: Then came this date when my Cuties started nursery, it is such a big deal to me as I have wanted them to start nursery earlier but in UK, nursery starts after the 3rd birthday. They love nursery like they love their Amala (lol), that makes it a plus.
Also, on this date I uploaded my first YouTube video which is something big for me as I had a lot of “what ifs”
- what if no one watches my video
- what if I don’t sound well
- and so on & so forth.
Little did I know I am not supposed to stress over some things, being me is enough.
I recorded some success in my blogging life as
- I was sent some free stuff and hosted a giveaway with Shea Moisture, UK.
- I was featured on the POPSUGAR magazine as one of their holiday party hairstyles inspiration.
- I reached 200 subscribers and followers on my Youtube channel and blog on the same day.
All these are big things to me as I never thought all these will happen to me in a very long time.
LESSONS I LEARNT in 2016: As awesome as 2016 is, I also learnt a lot of lessons which I will share some below
- Don’t stress over life especially things you have little or no control over, things usually take care of themselves;
- You never know how strong you really are until you have no choice than to test your limits;
- Don’t listen to those doubting voices in your head;
- Don’t procastinate, just start;
- Not everyone will like you, being yourself will make some people feel threatened;
- Trust more in God and less in people;
- Make your family your best friends and confidants as you will always have them;
- Don’t compromise your integrity for anyone;
- Know your worth first, then others will follow suit;
- Self love is the best love;
- Celebrate every moments, every success, every milestone;
- Be thankful for everything, even the little things, the things you don’t have, the things you didn’t get, even the disappointments;
- Every disappointment is a lesson and a blessing in disguise;
- Give yourself more credit than you deserve.
These are a few lessons I leant that I remember for now.
Alhamdulillah for 2016, the gift of life; of love; of a beautiful family; lovely friends, my follower, subscribers & supporters; the things we have; the things we don’t have; my successes, my failures, my disappointments.
Cheers to a beautiful 2017, may Almighty Allah make it better than 2016 and the years before, answer our prayers and grant our heart desires. AMEEN.
I have already written some of my goals for 2017, have you written yours?
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Please share some of your 2016 lovely moments and lessons in the COMMENT section below. If you have a 2016, year in review blog post, please link it in the COMMENT section below, I will love to read it.
Thank you all for your support and love, don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE my post. FOLLOW my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL (bottom page, if using mobile phone) and check out my Youtube Channel for makeup tutorials and inspiration.
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post.