Hi Loves, welcome back to my blog. 2016 is the year I really ventured into growing and taking care of my natural hair. It is okay for me to say I tried a couple of products which I have a lot I fall in love with and some nah! Today, I will be sharing with you all my “FAVOURITE NATURAL HAIR PRODUCTS OF 2016 & SOME NEW HAIR CARE GOALS”. I will be talking about these products in order in which I will apply to my hair.
Shampoo: I will love to narrow it down to 1 shampoo but these 3 shampoos really did it for me last year.
- SHEA MOISTURE JBCO SHAMPOO: this is a clarifying shampoo. I use it once a month to wash my hair. Full review here
- DIY AFRICAN BLACK SOAP SHAMPOO: I used to use this to wash my hair before the Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo. I love it equally. It is also a clarifying shampoo. DIY and review here
- TRESEMME BOTANIQUE NOURISH & RESTORE SHAMPOO: this is a moisturising shampoo. I use this mid-month when I need to wash my hair with a shampoo but doesn’t want to use a clarifying shampoo as it is a moisturising shampoo. I hardly have to use it myself. I use it more for my Cuties as I find myself washing their hair more with shampoo since they started nursery, their hair is usually filled with sands and paints. Full review here.
Conditioner: only one conditioner stole the show last year, I bet you already know what it is, it is the TRESEMME BOTANIQUE NOURISH & RESTORE CONDITIONER. I use this for everything, to co-wash, base for my DIY deep conditoners and sometimes as a styler. Full review here.
Leave-in Conditioner: it is the SHEA MOISTURE JBCO LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER . I don’t have much to say about this product than I LOVEEEE it. I use it mostly to moisturise my hair. It is the only leave-in conditioner I use for the most part of 2016, that shows how much I love it. Full review coming soon.
Styler: it is the SHEA MOISTURE COCONUT & HIBISCUS CURL ENHANCING SMOOTHIE. I wear my hair mostly in braid outs and twist outs in 2016 and this product did it for me. It gives me my desired style and defines my curls. Braid out and twist out videos will be linked below. Also, the ECO-STYLER gel to lay down my edges and for some occasional wash n gos.
Oils: I used quite a lot of oils and butter in 2016, I started making my own DIY DEEP CONDITIONER and WHIPPED SHEA BUTTER as I find it less expensive and works well for my hair. Oils I love are
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Almond Oil
- Tropic Isle JBCOil
- Peppermint oil
- Tea tree oil
- Shea Butter
I get my oils and butter from naissance store online and Amazon.
- Honey, all these three I use for my DIY deep conditoners.
My 2017 Natural Hair Care Goals: are
- To manipulate my hair less, this means less braidout or twistout and more wash n gos. This is to reduce strain placed on my hair while manipulating to reduce breakage and shedding, ultimately increasing length retention;
- To finger detangle more and less with comb, same reason as above;
- To wear my hair in afro as much as I do high puff to savage my edges;
- To try more natural hair products, be more adventurous in my stylings and products. As you can see from above, I mostly used Shea Moisture and Tresemme Botanique products last year;
- To document my growth more accurately, which I have already began.
Please share your 2016 natural hair favourite products and 2017 hair goals in the COMMENT section below. Don’t forget to LIKE and SHARE my post. FOLLOW my blog via BLOGLOVIN, subscribe via E-MAIL (bottom page, if using mobile phone) and check out my Youtube Channel for makeup tutorials and inspiration.
Suggested Posts & Youtube Videos
Braid Out Video: http://bit.ly/2f5Dgff
Twist Out Video: http://bit.ly/2fnBIgl
DIY Deep Conditioner: http://bit.ly/2iaxpG6
DIY Whipped Shea Butter: http://bit.ly/2fELDks
How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2gbiyKW
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post.