Hi Loves, welcome back to my blog. I recently did a protein treatment on my hair and my hair felt so good, prompting me to write this post. Today I will be sharing with you the BENEFITS OF PROTEIN TREATMENT FOR NATURAL HAIR and DIY PROTEIN HAIR MASK.
Benefits of Protein Treatment: Protein is what gives our hair its strength as our hair is made up of almost 90% strong, fibrous protein (keratin). Normal wear and tear, washing, drying, flat ironing, harsh weather and chemical treatment can make our hair lose the amount of protein and get damaged. Protein treatment repairs the hair by filling in the gaps present in the hair strand and forming a temporary bond, hence, it has to be done regularly. I do mine every 6 to 8weeks. It also makes hair softer, smoother, fuller and healthier.
There are a lot of store bought protein treatment; I have used some of these while transitioning and they work fine.
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack;
- Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise;
- ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.
DIY Protein Hair Mask I use
- 2 EGGS. Eggs are wonder food, they are rich in protein, vitamins essential fatty acids and antioxidants. These nutrients repair, strengthen and condition hair.
- YOGHURT: is a protein rich food, it also repair and condition hair.
- HONEY: is a natural humectant; it attracts moisture, it is full of antioxidants and nutrients that feeds the hair follicles, encouraging hair growth. I use it in all my DIY deep conditioners.
- OLIVE OIL: is rich in high levels of mono unsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E, an antioxidant important for hair growth.
- N.B.: I do not use Coconut oil as I find that for Coconut Oil to penetrate my hair follicles, I need to apply some form of heat which wouldn’t augur well with the egg, as it will cook it on my hair, making rinsing it out more difficult.
- I mix these together and apply to my hair.
- I do not apply heat or cover my hair with a plastic cap, for reason mentioned above.
- It is a messy hair mask as it kept dripping on my body.
- I left the mask in for about 30 minutes and washed it off.
- Then, I applied a moisturising conditioner, the Tresemme Botanique Conditioner to my hair to detangle it in the shower.
N.B.: Protein treatment shouldn’t be done too fequently as it may weigh hair down.
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Do you do protein treatment on your hair? Do you use DIY hair mask? What do you put in your DIY hair mask? Please COMMENT below, LIKE & SHARE my post. Also, FOLLOW my blog or SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL.
Shop My Hair Growth Oils:
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
Suggested Posts ⬇⬇⬇
DIY Avocado Deep Conditioner & Deep Conditioning Routine: http://bit.ly/2jKu2cL
How To Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
DIY Whipped Shea Butter: http://bit.ly/2kdEPx8
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be Friends :