Hi Loves, welcome back to my blog. I recently did a protein treatment on my hair and my hair felt so good, prompting me to write this post. Today I will be sharing with you the BENEFITS OF PROTEIN TREATMENT FOR NATURAL HAIR and DIY PROTEIN HAIR MASK.
Benefits of Protein Treatment: Protein is what gives our hair its strength as our hair is made up of almost 90% strong, fibrous protein (keratin). Normal wear and tear, washing, drying, flat ironing, harsh weather and chemical treatment can make our hair lose the amount of protein and get damaged. Protein treatment repairs the hair by filling in the gaps present in the hair strand and forming a temporary bond, hence, it has to be done regularly. I do mine every 6 to 8weeks. It also makes hair softer, smoother, fuller and healthier.
There are a lot of store bought protein treatment; I have used some of these while transitioning and they work fine.
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack;
- Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise;
- ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.
For my DIY Protein Hair Mask I use
- 2 EGGS. Eggs are wonder food, they are rich in protein, vitamins essential fatty acids and antioxidants. These nutrients repair, strengthen and condition hair.
- YOGHURT: is a protein rich food, it also repair and condition hair.
- HONEY: is a natural humectant; it attracts moisture, it is full of antioxidants and nutrients that feeds the hair follicles, encouraging hair growth. I use it in all my DIY deep conditioners
- OLIVE OIL: is rich in high levels of mono unsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E, an antioxidant important for hair growth.
- N.B.: I do not use Coconut oil as I find that for Coconut Oil to penetrate my hair follicles, I need to apply some form of heat which wouldn’t go well with the egg, as it will cook it on my hair, making rinsing it out more difficult.
- I mix these together and apply to my hair.
- I do not apply heat or cover my hair with a plastic cap, for reason mentioned above.
- It is a messy hair mask as it kept dripping on my body.
- I left the mask in for about 30 minutes and washed it off.
- Then, I applied a moisturising conditioner, the Tresemme Botanique Conditioner to my hair to detangle it in the shower.
N.B.: Protein treatment shouldn’t be done too frequently as it may weigh hair down.
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Do you do protein treatment on your hair? Do you use DIY hair mask? What do you put in your DIY hair mask?
- DIY Moisturising Deep Conditioner/Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jKu2cL
- How to Cleanse/Wash Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2lSU9Qm
- How to Detangle Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2ljuY4I
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER : This is not a sponsored post.
Shop My Favourite Natural Hair Products & Oils
- Dudu Osun as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
- Tresemme Botanique Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oCT0NY
- Tresemme Botanique Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2oIkXBc
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oIsY99
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2o9TbQj
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in: http://amzn.to/2m3Q214
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream: http://amzn.to/2tZlod9
- Cantu Shea Butter Twist & Lock Gel: http://amzn.to/2ujdt9R
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturising Curl Activator Cream: http://amzn.to/2snkncz
- Eco-styler Gel: http://amzn.to/2nXQSOa
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK