Welcome back to my blog Loves. I’ve got some DMs on how I protect and grow my edges. Today, I will be talking all about edges; how to protect, moisturise, grow it and prevent thinning and breakage.
I care for my edges more than I do the rest of my hair, no one looks good bald. I love to wear my hair out, so, I make sure to protect my edges. Here are my tips
- Identify the cause: hair styling is the commonest cause of thinning edges. Styles such as braids, weaves, corn rows, updo that pull on the edges to the point that you can feel pain or discomfort on your edges is discouraged. My favourite style to do is high puff, side puff and low puff with top knot; I make sure when I am pulling my hair up, I don’t pull on my edges too much. When I cornrow or braid my hair, I go some inches inward from my edges so I am not pulling on it. I also do this when styling Nadia & Nabilah’s hair.
2. Moisturise your Edges: I always moisturise my edges every mornig with my DIY Whipped Shea Butter. It contains Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Coconut oil, Olive oil, Almond oil, Avocado oil, Peppermint oil and Tea tree oil. Any of these oils can be used. All these oils promote hair growth and prevent breakage. You can also massage your edges as you apply your oil or oils.
3. Take care of your whole hair not just your edges by washing to cleanse it, deep condition, moisturise and style.
4. Sleep On Satin Pillow Case: Tugging and friction from cotton pillow cases can cause breakage not only to edges but to the whole hair. I also tie satin scarf on my hair & round my edges before going to bed.
5. Healthy Eating to promote hair growth from the inside. Balanced diet, fruits, vegetables and lots of water.
6. Document your Growth by taking photographs to note your progress and
7 Dont Give Up. Natural hair growth takes a lot of patience and care.
This post is short but I hope it answers your questions on edges. If you have any question or any suggestion, please COMMENT below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- How I grow & Care For My Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2lkdlWr
- DIY Whipped Shea Butter: http://bit.ly/2kdEPx8
- DIY Deep Conditioner & Deeep Conditioning Routine: http://bit.ly/2kcypdy
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
Shop My Hair Growth Oils:
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
FTC DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.