Welcome back to my blog Loves. My Lil King is 9 months old today. I’m so happy and proud of how far he’s grown. In these few months that we have started weaning, we’ve tried and experimented with different food, which you can check them out here. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you a very easy to make baby food which is packed with nutrients; PEAS & FISH PUREE.
I love this puree because it’s more textured. When blended, it doesn’t have a smooth consistency. It’s a great way of introducing a different texture to babies. Green peas are high in dietary fiber.
Peas & Fish together are a good source of Protein, Omega 3, Fatty acids, Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Niacin, Phosphorus and Zinc.
- I start by boiling the fish (Mackerel) and peas. I add onion, ginger & garlic to the peas; no salt no maggi.
- I debone the fish & blend the two together
Faaiz doesn’t like peas taste, so most of the time, I add this puree to his Cerelac. He loves Cerelac, I love it too. It’s an easy to make cereal but the only problem I have with it is that it easily constipates babies. Adding this puree to Cerelac slightly masks the pea taste.
- I do not add salt or artificial flavours to his food because of his kidneys.
- Ensure to give lots of water in between and after feeds.
- This does not in any way affect breastfeeding as I still breastfeed him on demand.
Please check out my previous weaning posts to know more about what we have been eating; all linked below.
I hope you enjoy today’s post guys. Please leave any comment or suggestions in the comment section below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to my blog via E-MAIL.Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN and check out my Youtube Channel.
Previous Weaning Posts: http://bit.ly/2nvB4BB
Let’s be Friends :
- Instagram : kenny_olapade
- Facebook: kenny olapade
- YouTube Channel : Kenny Olapade
- Twitter : kennyolapade01
- Bloglovin:Kenny olapade
- Snapchat : kenny olapade
- E-mail : email@example.com
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTC DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.