Coconut oil is one of those products I believe everyone needs. It can be used for so many things from cooking to beauty. It is a medium-chain fatty acid that increases metabolism and promotes energy. It is also high in saturated fats, antibacterial and anti-fungal.
In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you 13 BEAUTY BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL. These are things I use it for on a daily basis and swear by.
1. Pre-poo or Deep Treatment for Hair: Relaxed or natural, straight or curly, coconut oil can be used for a deep moisturising treatment to add shine to dull hair and prevent breakage or split ends.
- I apply coconut oil to my hair focusing on my ends
- Massage it into my scalp
- Cover my hair with plastic cap and keep it in for at least 30 minutes
- Then I shampoo, it leaves my hair soft and shiny
2. Detangler: Apply coconut oil to wet hair and watch it work it’s wonders. It makes fingers or comb to glide through hair easily.
3. Hair Mask: I add coconut oil, olive oil and honey to my favourite conditioner or other things to make my DIY hair masks.
- Apply the mask to my hair
- Cover my hair with plastic caps
- Leave it in for at least 30 minutes
- Rinse off with cold water and
- It leaves my hair shiny and moisturised.
4. Hair Moisturiser and Tame Frizz:
- For curly hair, apply to wet hair to seal in the moisture and stlye.
- For straight hair, apply a drop of coconut oil to hair and ends to tame frizz and fly-aways.
- It’s also a good daily moisturiser for men. My husband loves it.
5. Body Moisturiser: Coconut oil is an inexpensive way to moisturise your body. I use this most mornings and night especially during winter and after shaving. This in time has improved my skin. It leaves my skin soft and supple. I love it.
6. Body Scrub: I use it with equal amount of sugar to exfoliate my body, hands and feet. I also add essential oils for additional benefits. This leaves my skin so soft.
7. Body Massage: Many store bought massage oils have coconut oil has their base. Get yourself coconut oil, add few drops of lavender or rosemary or any other essential oil of your choice for a good inexpensive run down.
8. Makeup Remover: a lot of beauty gurus including me swear by this. I rub the oil on my palms and massage it on a full face of makeup, eyes and lip. It melts all the makeup including water-proof mascara, eyeliner and liquid lipstick. It also reduces the harsh effect of wipes on the face. I use it every time I take off my makeup. I love it.
9. Hand Cream: I pop some scoops of coconut oil in an old vaseline tin and put in my bag to add shine to them crusty fingers throughout the day especially during winter.
10. Cuticle Oil: applying coconut oil to your cuticles can serve as a natural strengthener and stimulate growth.
11. Lip Balm: I apply coconut oil to my lips. It acts as a natural lip balm. You may also mix it with vaseline and your lip will start feeling smoother.
12. Shaving Cream: It serves as a good alternative to shaving cream. It’s good especially if you get razor bumps. It helps prevent irritation. The downsides are you have to be careful and take your time while shaving so you don’t miss a spot and also it’s not easy to get the hairs off the razor, so be prepared to clean your razor very well.
13. Cracked Heel: I apply coconut oil to my heel daily. It acts as a personal and medicinal pedicure.
N.B: I wouldn’t advise you use it as a face moisturiser as it may clog pores and cause acne. At least, it does for me.
These are the things I use Coconut oil for. It’s so inexpensive yet it does so much. Next time you go grocery shopping, don’t forget to pop a tub of this beauty gem in your basket. And here is an inexpensive way of making your own DIY Coconut Oil: http://www.fehintolaogunye.com/2017/02/diy-how-to-make-coconut-oil.html
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Do you also use Coconut oil for any of these? What other thing do you use Coconut oil for? Please COMMENT below and also if you have any question. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN and check out my Youtube Channel.
Shop This Oil and my Hair Growth Oils
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
Suggested Posts ⬇ ⬇ ⬇
- Inexpensive Beauty Product-African Black Soap: http://bit.ly/2jLZ8RF
- DIY Avocado & Banana Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2nPDoXv
- How I pre-poo my hair: http://bit.ly/2iXqmjv
- DIY Sugar Scrub: http://bit.ly/2mTSQAY
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org