The secret to clear skin with healthy glow at times is not determined by the use of overpriced products or cosmetic procedures. Simple inexpensive products, lifestyle and habits most times make such a big difference. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you 12 SIMPLE HACKS TO AVOID & TREAT ACNE.
1. Wash Your Hands Regularly and Avoid Touching Your Face: We touch a lot of things from holding the door knob to shaking other people which we can transfer tonnes of invisible bacteria from our dirty hand to the face which can trigger breakouts. Regular hand wash can reduce germ transfer. You can also keep a small bottle of hand sanitizers in your handbag inner pocket for on-the-go use.
2. Clean your Makeup Brushes: makeup brushes also collect germs. So, it’s important to clean them regularly. I wash my brushes at least once a week or every 2 weeks at most.
3. Clean Your Phone: Same reason you should wash your hands. Phone can be a mode of transmitting germs to the face. Antiseptic wipes or rubbing alcohol can be used to clean phone screen and body.
4. Change your Bedsheets More Often: Same hygienic reason as above.
5. Sleep on Satin Pillowcases: They are not only good for the hair, also for the skin. Friction from cotton pillow case can dry out the skin and cause breakout.
6. NEVER Sleep with Makeup On: this is very important. No matter how much you pay for the glam or how tired you are as makeup if left on for more than 12hours can clog pores and cause breakout. When I see people do this, I cry for their skin. You can have wipes by your bed side. So, no matter how tired you are. You at least wipe the makeup off even if you can’t wash your face with soap.
7. Drink More Water: to cleanse the body from the inside.
8. Use Lemon, Tea Tree Oil & Honey: the combination of these three products is death to acne. I swear by it, it works so well. You can use these three as face mask or add granulated sugar and use as face scrub. Check out my DIY sugar scrub including these three products here.
9. African Black Soap: is the only product I ever used as my daily face wash that keeps my acne at bay. Check out my DIY African Black Soap Face Wash here.
10. Salicylic Acid containing products. Salicylic Acid is known to treat and prevent acne. My favourite product that contains Salicylic acid is the Neutrogena 2 in 1 Visibly Clear Face Wash & Mask. Check full review here.
11. Wear Spf Daily: to protect your skin from the UV rays and don’t forget your neck.
12. Eat For Your Skin: Low fat diet with lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the skin especially acne prone skin.
These are the things I do and take seriously to avoid and treat acne. Please check out my skincare routine for products I use to cleanse and moisturise my face, my DIY sugar scrub and DIY African Black Soap face wash.
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Please share your skincare hacks in the COMMENT SECTION below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN and check out my Youtube Channel.
Suggested Posts ⬇ ⬇ ⬇
- My Skincare Routine: http://bit.ly/2iNP5Mc
- DIY Sugar Scrub: http://bit.ly/2mTSQAY
- DIY African Black Soap Face Wash: http://bit.ly/2orxx8g
- 10 Winter Skincare Tips: http://bit.ly/2kcAtSB
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org