Welcome back to my blog Loves. The JBCO line are my favourite products from Shea Moisture. I love most of the products in this line BUT this product, the JBCO Styling Lotion, I have a love and hate relationship with. I have been using this product for almost 6 months and I think I can give it my fair and detailed review. In today’s post, I’ll be reviewing the SHEA MOISTURE JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL STYLING LOTION
Shea Moisture Claim: This precious oil based lotion protects while restoring moisture and lustrous shine to dull, damaged or chemically processed hair. Perfect for those who regularly color, straighten, perm or heat style their hair, as well as kinky, curly or wavy natural styles. Nutrient-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil, certified organic Shea Butter and stimulating Peppermint combine in an ultra-moisturising formula to protect against the damaging effects of high heat styling, while increasing hair’s resistance to breakage. Hair grows strong and healthy. Sulfate Free & Color Safe.
Ingredients: the main ingredients that stands out to me are water, Hydrolysed Corn Starch, Olive oil, Castor Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Glycerin (Vegetable), Jojoba Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Peppermint, Citric Acid Granular.
How to Use: Squeeze a small amount in to hands, and apply to damp or dry hair starting from end and working up to roots. Do not rinse out. Dry naturally or blow dry as usual. Excellent to protect hair before using heat styling tools.
Price: It costs £12.99 on Amazon.
- PACKAGING: it is packed in a cylindrical bottle containing 245mL of product with a flip flop lid to squeeze the product out. This what I don’t like about this product. I want to be able to dip my fingers in my styling products to take what I need without having to first pour it out. It’s easy to waste product with this type of packaging and having to pour product out during styling is an hassle for me.
- CONSISTENCY: It has a semi-liquid consistency. It’s slightly thicker than the JBCO Leave-in.
- SCENT: This smells good. Just like the products in this range; they all have same vanilla scent.
- I use this mostly as a moisturiser than as a styler. It’s so moisturising. I use it in combination with the JBCO Leave-in conditioner. I mix them together in a spray bottle, add water to make the mixture more watery and I spray it on my hair in sections, then seal it in with any oil (olive oil is my favourite).
It leaves my hair moisturised for up to two weeks.
- I use it in combination with the JBCO Leave-in conditioner and Eco-styler Gel for my wash n go. It provides additional moisture to my hair before I go in with the gel.
- I also use it as a styler for my twistout but I don’t really love it for twistout. It doesn’t have much hold and it doesn’t define my curls like the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie does. If you have fine hair or type 3 hair, this will be the perfect styler for you as it is lightweight, it wouldn’t weigh your hair down. It works perfectly for defining Nadia & Nabilah’s curls, their hair is not as thick as mine and it doesn’t weigh their hair down at all. For me, I need something thick with more hold to define my curls.
I have used this product for some tutorials on my youtube channel, you can check them out below
- Defined Wash n Go on my 4C Hair: http://bit.ly/2jEhp04
- Defined Flat Twistout on my 4C Hair: http://bit.ly/2oxfGQz
Verdict: I love this product but I’m not a fan of the packaging at all, I have to squirt it on a flat surface so I can reach the product without having to keep holding the bottle to squeeze the product out. Apart from that, it’s a good product I’ll definitely repurchase especially for my Nadia & Nabilah’s hair
Hence, I’ll give it a 4/5.
I hope you enjoy my review of this product. Please check out my review of the Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo & Leave-in Conditioner. Do you use this styler? Do you love it? Please COMMENT below, LIKE and SHARE my post. Also, follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN and check out my Youtube Channel.
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo Review: http://bit.ly/2kcA030
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in Conditioner Review: http://bit.ly/2iXp9c9
- Tresemme Botanique Shampoo Review: http://bit.ly/2iNMBgQ
- Tresemme Botanique Conditioner Review: http://bit.ly/2jB8zAG
Shop My Hair Growth Oils
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a sponsored post. Although, I got this product for free from Shea Moisture, my review is honest and based on my experience with this product and how it works for my hair. I promise to keep it 100% with you all.