Welcome back to my blog Loves. You already know I’m a skincare Enthusiast. I love skincare as much as I love makeup, if not more. Acne scars, dark spots, sun burn and hyperpigmentation are the commonest reasons for dull skin. Most times, after we have got rid of acne, we are left with stubborn scars or spots that refuses to go away. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you 5 TIPS TO FADE ACNE SCARS, SPOTS, SUNBURN & HYPERPIGMENTATION AND ENHANCE SKIN GLOW.
These are the tips I use to fade my acne scars and spots to enhance my skin glow.
1. Never POP/PICK Acne: this is the first step in preventing dark spots as when acne is popped, it turns to cut which leaves behind dark spots or scar. I think I need this tip the most. LOL.
2. Use SPF (Sun Protection Factor): I can’t stress this enough, there is a misconception that dark skin people don’t need SPF, we do as much as light skinned people. Spf reduces the direct effect of sun on the skin which can cause sunburn, age spots and intensify dark spots or hyperpigmentation.
3. Use Vitamin C containing Products: Vitamin C is known for its fading and toning effect. It also enhances skin glow. It can be in form of cream, serum, toner, scrub or face mask.
Lemon is the most inexpensive and natural source of Vitamin C I know. You can use it as face mask, scrub, or toner
- DIY LEMON TONER: add lemon juice to water and use cotton pad to apply it to the face every night
N.B.: use SPF and a good moisturiser as lemon increases skin’s sensitivity to the sun and can dry skin out too.
4. Use Chemical Exfoliants for Hyperpigmentation: is using products that contain Glycolic Acid to exfoliate the skin. Glycolic Acid refines and retexturises the skin’s surface, providing a brighter, more youthful complexion. My favourite products to use are
- Superdrug Naturally Radiant Overnight Peel (this product also contain Vitamin C); review here and
- Freedom Pro Studio Glycolic Radiance Tonic.
5. Drink More Water: a well hydrated skin looks plump, youthful and radiant.
You can also conceal dark spots, scars and hyperpigmentation before applying makeup. I shared how to here
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and find my tips helpful, if you do, please let me know in the COMMENT SECTION BELOW & SUBSCRIBE to my blog via E-MAIL. I’ve already shared my 12 Skincare Hacks to Treat Acne and Acne-prone Skin here. Do you use any of these tips/product? Lemme know in the COMMENT SECTION below as well. Please LIKE and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- Superdrug Naturally Radiant Overnight Peel: http://bit.ly/2pTUTY4
- Freedom Pro Studio Glycolic Radiance Tonic: http://bit.ly/2qG93Jn
- My Skincare Routine: http://bit.ly/2iNP5Mc
- 12 Skincare Hacks to Treat Acne and Acne-prone Skin: http://bit.ly/2r0fZEb
- Superdrug Naturally Radiant Overnight Peel review: http://bit.ly/2qBe3B2
- 10 Winter Skincare Tips: http://bit.ly/2kcAtSB
- DIY Sugar Scrub: http://bit.ly/2mTSQAY
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTC DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.