Welcome back to my blog Loves. Superdrug own brand products are my favourite skincare products of all time. They make up about 95% of my whole skincare stash. The Superdrug Tea Tree Skincare range in my opinion is for acne and acne prone skin. I have been using it for more than a year now and I know I can give it my full, detailed and unbiased review. I hope you enjoy my review of the SUPERDRUG TEA TREE EXFOLIATING SCRUB & TONER AND CLEANSER.
If you enjoy my review of these products and find it helpful, please LIKE this post and leave your thought in the COMMENT SECTION below.
This range claims to be
- a gentle, yet effective anti-blemish solution
- Dermatologically Approved.
- Suitable for Vegetarian and vegan like most Superdrug products.
This range is a DUPE for The Body Shop Tea Tree Range
SUPERDRUG TEA TREE EXFOLIATING SCRUB
Claim: Superdrug Tea Tre Facial Exfoliating Scrub is specially formulated with Tea Tree Oil, renowned for its natural purifying and antibacterial properties to help promote a clearer, healthier-looking complexion. It also contains natural Walnut Shell Granules, which gradually exfoliate and smooth the skin, while a burst of Peppermint Oil leaves the skin feeling ultra-clean and refreshed.
How To Use: Apply a small amount of the facial scrub to a wet face and gently massage into the skin, avoiding the delicate eye area. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a towel. Use 2-3 times a week as part of your Tea Tree Skin care regime.
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Walnut Shell Powder, Tea tree Oil, Peppermint oil, Salicylic Acid; (these are the ones that stood out to me)
Price: It costs £3.49 at Superdrug and is usually on sale like most Superdrug products.
- PACKAGING: it comes in a squeeze out plastic tube that contains 75 ml of product. This packaging is perfect. I love it and I have been using this product since last year and it hasn’t finished. 75ml is a looottttt of product which will take forever to go through.
- COLOUR & CONSISTENCY: Its colour is lime and it has a creamy texture with granules which makes it feel and look rough.
- SCENT: it has a minty and tea tree kind of scent. The scent to me is cooling and isn’t overpowering and doesn’t linger much.
- I apply it on my face after removing my makeup or in the morning before makeup.
- It feels so cool and tingly when applied on the face,
- The granules are a bit harsh, so if you have tender skin, you have to be more careful but they are very effective in scrubbing those stubborn dry patches.
- I put it on my face and leave it on for at least 10 minutes before scrubbing my face with it and washing it off.
- It has a moisturising creamy feel on the skin, it doesn’t dry out the skin, it feels like you have a cream on after it’s washed off.
- I use it routinely once or twice a week or when I notice some texture or dry patches or breaking out.
- The Tea Tree Oil in here is so effective in preventing and treating acne.
- The peppermint Oil gives a cooling and tingly sensation which I find very calming.
- I wouldn’t say it fades dark spot cos I don’t use it for that purpose. I use it in combination with the Superdrug Naturally Radiant Overnight Peel which I know does a good job of fading acne scars and dark spots.
Verdict: I give it a 5/5. There is nothing I don’t like about this face scrub; from the packaging to how it feels and works. I love it and it is a steal at the price it goes for.
SUPERDRUG TEA TREE CLEANSER AND TONER
Claim: is specially formulated with Tea Tree Oil, renowned for its natural purifying and antibacterial properties, to help promote a clearer healthier looking complexion. With Aloe Vera, it also helps to moisturise and soften the skin, while a burst of Peppermint Oil leaves the skin feeling ultra-clean and refreshed.
Direction For Use: Apply on a cotton wool pad and gently cleanse face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding the delicate area of the eye area. Repeat with a fresh cotton wool pad until no trace of dirt remains. Use daily as part of your Tea Tree skin care regime.
Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Castor Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Peppermint Oil, Citric Acid (these are the ingredients that stands out to me).
Price: it costs £3.49 at Superdrug and is always on sale like most Superdrug products.
- PACKAGING: it is packed in a cylindrical bottle containing 200ml of product. I love the packaging, I have nothing negative to say about it and 200ml of product is not something I think anyone will go through quickly.
- COLOUR & CONSISTENCY: it has a very light not very noticeable lime colour and is liquid like water.
- SCENT: it has a minty, cooling scent, very similar to that of the scrub. The Peppermint Oil and Tea Tree Oil can easily be perceived in the scent.
- I use it after my face wash to further cleanse my skin to get rid of any trace of makeup or dirt (on days I don’t wear makeup).
- It feels so cool and sort of tingly on the skin.
- It dries within 15-30 seconds.
- It gives a squeaky clean feeling.
- I use it routinely every other day or on days I feel my skin is acting up.
- I don’t use it everyday because it can feel drying on the face.
- I always moisturise after using this.
- It does a moderate job of keeping my acne at bay but I wouldn’t say it’s a miracle product because I use other acne treatment; the Neutrogena 2 in 1 face mask, my DIY African Black Soap Daily Face Wash, DIY Sugar Scrub and the Superdrug Tea Tree Scrub.
Verdict: I give it a 4/5 because it can be a little drying on the skin. I loooveee every other thing about this toner as it is unlike most toners, you can actually feel it work especially the cooling sensation it has on the skin.
I hope you enjoy my review of these products. Have you used this product? Do you love it like I do? Please COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- My Skincare Routine: http://bit.ly/2iNP5Mc
- Superdrug Naturally Radiant Overnight Peel Review: http://bit.ly/2qBe3B2
- Neutrogena 2 in 1 Fask Mask Review: http://bit.ly/2jQyypI
- 12 Skincare Hacks for Acne Prone Skin: http://bit.ly/2r0fZEb
- 5 Skincare Hack to Fade Dark Spots & Enhance Skin Glow: http://bit.ly/2r2ffKl
- 10 Winter Skincare Tips: http://bit.ly/2kcAtSB
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
FTC DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.