Welcome back to my blog Loves. You all already know I love cheap things that work. African Black Soap (dudu osun) and Coconut oil are staples in my beauty routine because they are cheap and they keep me looking like a million bucks. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you another inexpensive beauty gem; OLIVE OIL and 8 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU CAN USE OLIVE OIL FOR.
I hope you find this post helpful, please LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE ❤ ❤ 💋 💋
Olive oil is popularly known for its health benefits when used for cooking. Most people don’t know this oil is a gem on your beauty shelf. I’m literarily OBSESSED with it. It is very good for the body, hair, skin and nails. These are the things I use Olive oil for aside from cooking. Some of these things are similar to what I use Coconut Oil for because at times it’s either I use Coconut Oil for these things or Olive Oil but there are a some things I only use Olive Oil for
1. Face Moisturiser: Naturally, Olive oil is packed wih anti-aging antioxidants that reduces free radicals and harmful effect of UV rays on the skin; reduces wrinkles. It also contains a good amount of Vitamins A, E & K making it very hydrating. It also has antibacterial properties, hence, preventing acne.
I recently ran out of my favourite face oil which is The Body Shop Vitamin E Serum in Oil, then I popped a litttle of Olive Oil in the empty bottle. The kind of glow my face has been having since I made this swap is amazing!!! I either use it after my moisturiser or I mix it with the moisturiser or alone (most of the time). Olive oil has an edge over Coconut oil because it doesn’t clog my pores or break me out like Coconut oil does. It is more viscous and penetrates the skin better. It feels like most store bought facial oil on the face.
2. Eye Cream: It nourishes the tender skin around the eyes and soften fine lines. It plumps the skin around the undereye reducing eye bag and that “early morning tired look”.
3. Body Moisturiser: for this it’s either/or. I either use Coconut oil or Olive oil for this. Olive oil penetrates the skin better and is more viscous. It leaves my skin soft and supple. It’s being a while I bought any moisturiser from the store. I make sure to use it straight out of the shower when my skin is still wet.
4. Body Scrub: I use olive oil as part of my DIY Sugar Scrub for body, face & lips to reduce its harshness and moisturise my skin.
5. Moisturises Hair: if you see most of my natural hair styling and moisturising videos, I reach more for Olive Oil than I do any other oil because it penetrates my hair follicles better. It doesn’t just sit on my hair and make my hair feel greasy and oily. It also doesn’t solidify in cold weather to form white cast.
Olive oil has essential nutrients and monounsaturated fatty acids that reduce hair loss and strengthen hair from roots to tips. It also thickens hair strand.
Massaging Olive oil on the scalp improves blood circulation and stimulates hair follicles to grow thicker hair strands.
7. Condition Nail Cuticles: a few drops of this on the nail cuticles regularly keeps them in check and conditions them.
8. Cracked Heels: especially during the dry months, I apply this on my feet day and night or after scrubbing them. You can also wear sock after application to make it more effective.
These are the things I use Olive oil for. You can also check out my 13 BEAUTY BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. What do you use Olive oil for? Please lemme know in the COMMENT SECTION below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
———– Shop This Oil and My Other Hair Growth Oils:
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5X
- Sunny Isle JBCOil: http://amzn.to/2lKV9m
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kw
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
- 13 Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil: http://bit.ly/2tfH1Yj
- How I Grow & Care for my 4C Hair: http://bit.ly/2lkdlWr
- DIY Moisturising Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2nPDoXv
- DIY Protein Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- My Skincare Routine: http://bit.ly/2iNP5Mc
- 12 Hacks for Acne Prone Skin: http://bit.ly/2r0fZEb
- 5 Skincare Tips to Fade Acne Scars, Dark Spots, Hyperpigmentation and Sun burn: http://bit.ly/2r2ffKl
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
FTC DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.