Welcome back to my blog Loves. Getting a good translucent/setting powder for dark skin especially from the drugstore can seem tasking. I picked up the new Makeup Revolution Luxury Banana Powder. I’ve been using this powder for about two weeks now and I think I can give it my full & detailed review.
In today’s blog post, I’ll be reviewing the MAKEUP REVOLUTION LUXURY BANANA POWDER.
Claims: Warm your skin with our new Makeup Revolution Banana Powder with this mattifying banana powder. With a hint of colour set your foundation and reduce shine whilst correcting redness and pink undertones. With a sieve to prevent clumping and ensure easy application make sure you shake the bottle before use.
Ingredients: Talc, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, propylparaben, (+/-) : CI 77891, CI 77492
- Packaging: it’s packed in a transparent plastic bottle with a removable sifter and black lid. I had to pierce the sifter for the powder to come out. I’m not a fan of the packaging at all. It’s not a practical packaging for me. I poured a little bit of it out into an old powder tub to make my life easier. It contains 1.6 0z/42 gm of products which is a lot.
- Colour: The colour looks yellow in the tub and when pored out but it looks more white on my skin tone. It has more whiteness to it than yellowness.
- Consistency: this is honestly the softest powder I ever used. It has this blurring effect to it. It blurred my pores and didn’t emphasize my texture issues or fine lines. It didn’t feel dry or cakey. It didn’t make my concealer crease. It feels so soft and velvety to touch and on my face.
- Scent: it has a light powder scent.
- Lasting/Mattifying Powder: I got around 3-4 hours of wear before I started getting really oily; I have oily skin though, it’s expected.
- Flash photography: I had a little bit of white cast. As a dark skin person, I’ll advise you use it with the lightest of hand especially if you’ll be having flash photography taken or use it with a concealer that is not more than 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin tone. I use it with the new Loreal True Match Concealer in 7C/R.
- It’s so soft and velvety to touch and on my skin
- It has blurring effect; it blurred my pores
- It didn’t feel dry or cakey
- In short, it’s the best setting powder I ever used.
- I don’t like the packaging at all
- it’s not the most dark skin-friendly setting powder
- it has a little bit of white cast to it
- it has a little bit of flash back in flash photography
VERDICT: I give it 3.5/5. It’s the best setting powder I ever used but it’s not the most dark skin friendly translucent powder.
I hope you enjoy my review of this product. Do you use this product? Do you love it as well? COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :