Relaxed or natural, deep conditioning is essential and for natural hair, it is more important. Natural hair is prone to dryness and our constant manipulation, through washing, drying, styling and detangling can make it prone to breakage making it more essential.
BENEFIT OF DEEP CONDITIONING
Deep conditioning is the perfect way of
- restoring moisture,
- maintaining elasticity and
- strengthening hair.
- It also provides a preventable measure to reduce and avoid breakage or damage
- It also repairs damage caused by manipulation, environmental harshness, heat and harsh chemicals.
So, it’s essential for every kinky curly girl to incorporate deep conditioning into their hair routine.
HOW OFTEN TO DEEP CONDITION
It can be done every week, every two weeks or twice in a week. Depending on what your hair needs or how often your hair needs it. I deep condition my hair every week or every 2 weeks.
TYPES OF DEEP CONDITIONERS
Deep conditioners can be store bought or DIY. I prefer mixing my own deep conditioners depending on what my hair needs for that particular wash day.
MY DEEP CONDITIONING ROUTINE
After cleansing my hair;
- I apply the deep conditioner from the root of my hair to the tips; paying more attention to the tips as they are the oldest part and needs more nourishment,
- I cover my hair with plastic cap/bag
- Apply medium heat via blow dryer,
- Then cover with my shower cap or cling film or towel to trap the heat,
- I let it sit on my hair for a minimum of 30 minutes,
- I rinse it out with cold water then detangle my hair.
This always leaves my hair so soft and highly moisturised.
DEEP CONDITIONING TIPS/HACKS
- Deep Condition on a regular basis but not too regular to avoid moisture overload.
- Place your deep conditioner in a bowl of hot water to warm it up.
- Or use heat when deep conditioning; using heat will help it penetrate the hair shaft better & easier especially for low porosity hair.
- Section hair into 3 or 4 parts before applying the conditioner; it makes it easier and also so every strand of hair is tend to.
- Use plastic bags (nylon) if cap is not available to cover hair.
- When applying your deep conditioner, make sure that your hair is damp not wet; if your hair is too wet, the conditioner will slide off, and it won’t penetrate well.
- When rinsing your hair, use cool water; using cool water helps to close the hair cuticle and keep the moisture in your hair.
- DIY Moisturising Deep Conditioner/Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jKu2cL
- Protein Treatment & DIY Protein Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- How to Cleanse/Wash Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2lSU9Qm
- How to Detangle Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2ljuY4I
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be Friends :
FTC DISCLAIMER : This is not a sponsored post.
Shop My Favourite Natural Hair Products & Oils
- Dudu Osun as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
- Tresemme Botanique Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oCT0NY
- Tresemme Botanique Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2oIkXBc
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oIsY99
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2o9TbQj
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in: http://amzn.to/2m3Q214
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream: http://amzn.to/2tZlod9
- Cantu Shea Butter Twist & Lock Gel: http://amzn.to/2ujdt9R
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturising Curl Activator Cream: http://amzn.to/2snkncz
- Eco-styler Gel: http://amzn.to/2nXQSOa
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK