Welcome back to my blog Loves. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing with you MY FAVOURITE AFFORDABLE/DRUGSTORE FOUNDATIONS FOR DARK SKIN WOMEN/WOMEN OF COLOUR.
Finding the right foundation can seem difficult especially for us dark skin women most especially in the drugstore as most drugstore/affordable brands don’t have a wide variety of shade range for us.
N.B.: Because any of these foundations work for me doesn’t mean it’ll work for you and because it doesn’t work for me for one reason or the other doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work for you. It depends on what we look for in our foundation/complexion products.
I’ll be talking about four (4) foundations and I’ll be talking about these foundations in order of my preference from least favourite to my most favourite of them all.
4. BLACK OPAL FOUNDATION STICK: this is my first foundation ever. It’s the first foundation I ever tried and it’s my least favourite.
- It’s inexpensive
- It has a wide variety of shade range for WOC.
- I use the colour beautiful bronze and truly topaz as my highlight shade.
- It’s very easy to apply, especially for beginners. You don’t need makeup brush. Finger&/powder puff will blend it out just fine.
- It gives a seamless skin like finish.
- It doesn’t last long on the skin
- It feels like clay on my skin, it doesn’t really melt into my skin like liquid foundation does.
- It transfers a lot no matter how much I set it.
- It doesn’t control oil.
3. REVLON COLOURSTAY FOUNDATION. It has 2 formulas; for oily/combination skin and for dry skin. I use the oily/combination skin formula.
- It’s the most full coverage drugstore foundation I ever used
- It lasts so long on the skin. It’s the most long lasting drugstore foundation I ever used. This foundation will take you through the day/night without fading or breaking up. I’ve worn it for more than 10 hours without it fading or breaking up.
- It controls oil so well. It’s also the most oil-controlling drugstore foundation I ever used.
- It has beautiful matte finish.
- It doesn’t have a wide variety of shade for WOC. I have to mix the shade cappuccino and caramel to get my exact shade. The cappuccino is too red for me and it oxidises and gets darker on me and the caramel is like 2-3 shades light for me.
- You have to use it with a light hand as a little bit of it goes a long way. It can go cakey if you use too much and you have to blend really fast as it sets fast and it may become harder to blend once it sets.
- It’s too expensive for a drugstore foundation. It costs £12.99
- It has flashback in flash photography
script async src=”//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”>
2. MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION
- It has medium to full coverage
- It has a wide variety of shade for WOC. I use the shade 355 Pecan.
- It feels light weight on the skin.
- It blends out really well.
- It controls oil really well. It lasts me at least 3 hours before my oil starts sipping through. If I use a good mattifying primer, it last me up to 6 hours before I get oily
- It last so long on the skin; no fading, no settling in fine lines.
- It has a soft matte finish
- It’s so cheap, it costs £5.99
- I don’t like it’s packaging. It comes in a squeeze out tube packaging in the U.K and a bottle with no pump in the U.S. There is no consistency in the amount you bring out everytime.
- It has a little bit of flashback in flash photography
1. LOREAL TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION: This is my all time favourite drugstore foundation.
- It has a wide variety of shade for WOC. It has 28 shades with about 10 colours for us dark skin women. I use the shade 10W.
- It has the most beautiful finish in any drugstore foundation I ever used. It has this beautiful golden radiant finish to it.
- It photographs beautifully; no flashback in flash photograph.
- It feels so light weight on the skin
- It has medium coverage; it can be built up to full coverage without it looking cakey or feeling heavy.
- It has a lovely and sleek packaging and with a pump.
- It’s too expensive for a drugstore foundation; it costs £10.99
- It doesn’t control oil. It’s perfect for dry skin though.
- It lasts really well on the skin.
I hope you enjoy this post and find it helpful. Do you like any of these foundations? What’s your favourite drugstore foundation, please COMMENT below. Don’t forget to LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
Check out my
- Foundation Routine video : http://bit.ly/2hjfkYa
- How to Choose The Right Foundation Post: http://bit.ly/2kUoskW
- and my Everyday Makeup Products & Routine Post: http://bit.ly/2zl6cfX
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s be Friends :
SHOP THE PRODUCTS
- Loreal true match foundation: http://amzn.to/2h3SMxK
- Maybelline fit me matte + poreless foundation: http://amzn.to/2zcmtDh
- Revlon colourstay foundation: http://amzn.to/2z7vEmn
- Black Opal foundation stick: http://amzn.to/2h4nuqo