Welcome back to my blog Loves. It’s the Ho ho ho season; so, bring on the slay. lol. In today’s video, I’ll be sharing MY 5 HOLIDAY MAKEUP TIPS.
I hope you enjoy this post, don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE & leave nice COMMENT.
The festive season is upon us, most of us will love to look “beat” and go extra mile with the makeup, here are some of my tips to kick your makeup game for party & special event up a notch and also flash friendly.
1. EYES: To make my eye makeup pop more and not look too basic, I usually use glitters.
2. SKIN PREP: You want to start on fresh face.
- I usually start prepping my face by using a brightening/moisturing mask to leave my skin brighter and radiant. I use my DIY Turmeric, honey & lemon mask. then I follow up with a light-weight moisturiser/serum and give it time to really soak in.
- I use a long-lasting primer to ensure my makeup lasts throughout the day/night. My favourite is the Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser and a mattifying primer for oily skin which I put in my oily T-zone. I don’t like having to powder my nose at events/parties. My favourite is the Milk of Magnesia.
3. FOUNDATION ROUTINE:
- I do a little bit of colour correcting to conceal my dark spots and hyperpigmentation. I use the L.A. girl Orange Corrector and Dark Cocoa Concealer. See post on how to here.
- I go for full coverage foundations that lasts all day long and photographs beautifully. My go to foundation is the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation.
Highlight & Contour: to give my face dimension especially in photographs.
- I use full coverage concealers to highlight under my eyes and centre of my face. My go tos are the L.A. girl Concealer in fawn and Colourpop no Filter Concealer in Deep Golden.
- I use flash-friendly setting powder especially for us dark skin to avoid flash back in flash photography. I mix my setting powder; the Black Opal Deluxe finishing powder in dark with my translucent; the Makeup Revolution Luxury Banana Powder to tone it down and make it dark-skin and flash photography friendly.
4. CHEEKS: I like more intense glow for special occasions. I go for highlighters that are highly pigmented. I love to layer 2 of my favourite highlighters; the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Bronzer in Rock on World and Kiko Milano Water Eyeshadow in 208.
5. LIPS: I go for bold colours; red ombre lips is usually my go to. I also love matte because it lasts very long with no bleeding. My go tos are the Immissoni Cosmetics Liquid Lipsticks in Royalty & Sunset Vibes and the Me Now Liquid Lipstick in colour #28
These are my tips to kick your party makeup up a notch. You can check out My Everyday Makeup Products & Routine
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. What are your tips for party makeup? Please lemme know in the COMMENT SECTION below. Don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE via E-MAIL. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored