Welcome back to my blog Loves. One of the key things to growing long healthy hair is healthy scalp. Dandruff, dry and itchy scalp apart from being uncomfortable can impede hair growth. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing HOW I TREAT AND PREVENT DANDRUFF & DRY ITCHY SCALP.
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to my blog.
- The first thing I did when I had dandruff and itchy scalp was I stopped oiling my scalp. Usually after moisturising my hair, I would apply some oil/whipped shea butter on my scalp. At times, I do scalp massage with any oil. Since, I stopped oiling my scalp, I noticed a big reduction in my scalp itchiness. It reduced drastically. Our scalp normally secretes an oil (sebum) that keeps it moisturised and promotes hair growth, I believe adding additional oil is overdoing it cos our scalp does not need it.
- The second thing is my DIY SHAMPOO MIXTURE targeted towards treating and preventing dry itchy scalp and dandruff. I use
- My DIY African Black Soap Shampoo
- the Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo
- Tea Tree Oil &
- Peppermint Oil
DIY African Black Soap Shampoo which I use Dudu Osun to make. It contains amazing ingredients that have so many benefits for hair & scalp.
The pure African black soap is made from natural ingredients such as plantain leaves, cocoa pods, palm tree leaves and shea tree bark. Dudu osun, in my opinion is a refined and more moisturising form of the pure black soap. It has additional natural ingredients which are honey, osun (camwood), aloe vera, shea butter, lime juice, water and fragrance.
The Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo’s 3 major ingredients are
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil which is known to promote healthy thicker hair growth
- Apple Cider Vinegar which has clarifying properties and effective in treating dandruff or any scalp infection.
- Peppermint Oil which stimulates the scalp follicles to promote hair growth.
It is a clarifying shampoo just like the African black soap. They both get rid of any dirt or build up that may be causing discomfort on the scalp. I use as much of these 2 shampoos as I feel I need. I used to use them individually but since I started mixing them together, I notice a big difference in my scalp health.
Tea tree Oil has antibacterial and anti fungal properties that treats and prevents any scalp condition.
Peppermint Oil stimulates the scalp follicles and it feels so tingly and nice.
I use 30-40 drops of tea tree oil & peppermint oil. I also add these oils to any shampoo I’m using not just the African black soap shampoo or the JBCO shampoo.
I mix everything in a bottle with drip cover because it makes it easy to apply the shampoo on my scalp that really needs it.
I pay more attention to my scalp and I use the bulbs of my fingers to massage my scalp really well while using this shampoo mixture to get rid of any build up or dirt that may be causing the discomfort.
I use this shampoo once or twice a month.
I noticed that since I’ve kept my scalp clean, I’ve had no issue with dandruff or dry itchy scalp.
VIDEO & DEMO: http://bit.ly/2nHleEz
I hope you enjoyed today’s post? Do you find it helpful? Do you oil your scalp? Do you use any of these shampoos &/oils? Please COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo Review: http://bit.ly/2kcA030
- DIY African Black Soap Shampoo: http://bit.ly/2jLZ8RF
– Dudu Osun Soap as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
– Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oIsY99
– Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK
– Tea tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: email@example.com
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.
Shop My Favourite Natural Hair Products & Oils
- Dudu Osun as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
- Tresemme Botanique Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oCT0NY
- Tresemme Botanique Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2oIkXBc
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2oIsY99
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in Conditioner: http://amzn.to/2o9TbQj
- Shea Moisture Frizz Defense Gel: http://amzn.to/2nFSFL9
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in: http://amzn.to/2m3Q214
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream: http://amzn.to/2tZlod9
- Cantu Shea Butter Twist & Lock Gel: http://amzn.to/2ujdt9R
- Cantu Shea Butter Moisturising Curl Activator Cream: http://amzn.to/2snkncz
- Eco-styler Gel: http://amzn.to/2nXQSOa
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- Avocado Oil: http://amzn.to/2lS6kwy
- Almond Oil: http://amzn.to/2mlmwDY
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK