Welcome back to my blog Loves. You all know I’m in for anything DIY or special treatment on my hair. I recently tried RICE WATER RINSE and I think of sharing my experience with you.
Rice Water is the starchy water that remains after soaking or cooking rice. It is one of Asian’s acient secret to long hair growth and it has amazing benefits for hair. In recent years, beauty blogs and product developers have caught on to this tradition. Now, rice water is a spreading trend.
Benefits: It is thought to contain many vitamins and minerals. These include:
- amino acids
- B vitamins
- vitamin E
It is believed to
- Improve hair growth
- Reduce split ends
- Protect hair from damage
- Strengthen hair roots & smooth hair
- Cure dandruff and
- Make hair silky & shiny
HOW TO MAKE RICE WATER: There are 3 ways to make rice water
1. Boiled Rice Water: this is excess water left after boiling rice
- take 1-2 cups of uncooked rice (plain, basmati or organic)
- pour in a cooking pot
- add water than you would usually need to cook the rice
- let it boil for sometime
- the water turns cloudy, that is what you need for your rice water rinse and can also be used as a toner.
2. Soaking: Soaking is the quickest way to make rice water.
- You need 1/2 cup of uncooked rice (plain, basmati or organic)
- pour in a bowl
- add 1-2 cups of warm/cold water
- leave it to soak for about 1 hour
- strain the rice water into another clean bowl
- and it’s ready to use.
3. Fermenting: fermenting rice water produces a potent substance called Pitera which is said to have higher amount of antioxidants, amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and organic acids,. It’s also good for skincare (used as a toner); it’s said to decrease wrinkles and lighten dark spots.
To ferment rice water
- take 1/2 cup of uncooked rice (plain, basmati or organic)
- pour in a bowl
- add 1-2 cups of warm/cold water, cover and store away
- leave to soak overnight; leaving it to soak longer makes the rice water ferment.
- strain the fermented rice water into a clean bowl
- and it’s ready to use
HOW TO DO RICE WATER RINSE
- I put the rice water in a spray bottle so it’s easier to apply to my hair.
- After shampooing my hair, I spray the rice water in my hair, cover my hair with plastic bag and leave it for about 30 minutes
- I then move on to deep condition my hair and detangle my hair.
N.B: You can also add any essential oil to the water before spraying/spritzing/applying to your hair.
- It left my hair so soft, lightweight & shiny .
- It made my hair feel and look like I had deep conditioned it but I hadn’t.
- It made detangling my hair easier and reduced the amount of hair breakage & shedding I had in the shower.
- My hair felt & looked amazing
- I just started using it, so, I wont say it has made my hair grow longer.
I’ll update this post if I notice a significant difference in my hair length so, subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss the update, lol
- Even, if it doesn’t give me a significant increment in my hair length, I’ll still continue t use it on every wash day (every 2 weeks) or every month.
VIDEO/DEMO on YouTube:
UPDATE: I have been using it for more than 4 months now and the result has been amazing. Do I have a miraculous increment in length; NO. It does make my hair more manageable and has reduced my hair sheddings. I use it once a month and it has become a regular part of my hair routine.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you done rice water rinse before? Please share your experience below. If you have more question, please leave it in the COMMENT SECTION below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
- How to Cleanse/Wash Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2lSU9Qm
- DIY Moisturising Deep Conditioner/Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jNHsD5
- Protein Treatment & DIY Protein Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- How to Detangle Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2ljuY4I
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post.
Shop My Favourite Natural Hair Products & Oils
- Dudu Osun as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2szE9Uz
- Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2kHRC9g
- Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Conditioner: https://amzn.to/2ugrdHh
- Tesemme Botanique Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2kLsPAU
- Tresemme Botanique Conditioner: https://amzn.to/2JdmVmM
- Cantu Shea Butter Co-wash: http://amzn.to/2EyRKEj
- Cantu Shea Butter Deep treatment Masque: https://amzn.to/2KCxyjg
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in: http://amzn.to/2mULjOG
- Shea Moisture C&H Curl Enhancing Smoothie: http://amzn.to/2zanOqF
- Shea Moisture Cupuacu Frizz Defence Gel-cream: http://amzn.to/2nFSFL9
- Shea Moisture Argan Oil Blowout Crème: https://amzn.to/2szFPxe
- Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream: http://amzn.to/2tZlod9
- Cantu Shea Butter Curl Activator Cream: http://amzn.to/2snkncz
- Cantu Shea Butter Twist & Lock Gel: http://amzn.to/2ujdt9R
- Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
- Honey: https://amzn.to/2LiAu5a
- Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
- Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
- JBCOil: http://amzn.to/2lKV9md
- Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
- Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK