Welcome back to my blog Loves. I think a lot of us can agree that growing natural hair is not for the faint-hearted. Some of us fail to grow pass the awkward length phase and we look for boosters and things to facilitate our hair growth. Onion and ginger has been claimed to be a sure shot way to promote hair growth and a lot of people have sworn by their results when used either individually or combined. I decided to give them both a try and in today’s post, I’ll be sharing how I make, use and the benefits of ONION & GINGER JUICE.
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE to my blog and leave me nice COMMENTS.
- Onion juice helps improve hair growth by boosting the level of antioxidant enzyme optimising the hair growth cycle.
- Onion helps nourish hair follicles with its rich content of sulphur which is essential for the regeneration of hair follicles.
- Onion’s rich antibacterial properties help treat and prevent dandruff
- Onion juice stimulates the scalp and improves the circulation of blood, resulting in its follicles that are well-nourished.
- Ginger prevents hair loss; it contains magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, and vitamins that provides hair follicles with nourishment, making them strong and preventing hair loss.
- Ginger has potent antimicrobial properties that help control dandruff and, in turn, curbs hair loss.
- Ginger’s active ingredients, gingerol, helps relax blood vessels and thereby improving blood flow. This allows for the improved nourishment of hair follicles, ensuring faster hair growth.
HOW I MAKE & USE ONION + GINGER JUICE: There are a lot of ways the juice can be extracted from onion & ginger but this is the most suitable way for me and this way I get most out of the onion & ginger plus I don’t have wastage as I use the remnant to cook soup.
- I peel and cut onion and ginger into smaller pieces,
- Blend the two together to form a thick paste,
- Sieve the mixture; I ensure not to press the thick paste through the sieve to avoid having white particles in the juice,
- I put the juice in a suitable container (drip bottle),
- Add a couple of drops of tea tree & peppermint oils (they both have amazing benefits on scalp health and promotes hair growth),
- Apply the mixture on my scalp directly,
- Massage my scalp for a couple of minutes,
- Cover my hair with a plastic cap for about 30 minutes,
- Wash with a good shampoo and condition my hair.
MY EXPERIENCE WITH ONION & GINGER JUICE
- On Application; the juice felt cool and nice on my scalp,
- I have tingly sensations on my scalp (which I can chalk mostly to peppermint oil),
- After about 30 minutes; my scalp felt warm and nice and I can tell something was happening there.
- I have only used it twice, I am yet to see its effect.
- I’ll continue to use it every once a month and I’ll try to be consistent with it.
- I’ll come back to update this post to share if it does make my hair grow longer than it would normally do.
Video/Demo on Youtube:
I hope you enjoy today’s post and find it helpful. Have you used any of these before? How does it work for you? Please COMMENT below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Also, follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel
- DIY Rice Water Rinse: http://bit.ly/2Mcbr4U
- DIY Tea Rinse: http://bit.ly/2GYRbUg
- How I grow & Care For My Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2o4fk3R
- How to Treat & Prevent Natural Hair Breakage: http://bit.ly/2QfO0wr
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
- Top 4 Moisturisers for Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2NsWWx6
- 5 Reasons your Hair is always Dry: http://bit.ly/2oNuTL0
- Deep Conditioning Routine: http://bit.ly/2jNHsD5
- DIY Protein Treatment: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- How to Properly Detangle Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2GHRRxK
- How to trim natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2j83jGb
Let’s be Friends :
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored.
Dudu Osun as Shampoo: http://amzn.to/2nOj2JT
Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2szE9Uz
Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2kHRC9g
Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Conditioner: https://amzn.to/2ugrdHh
Tesemme Botanique Shampoo: https://amzn.to/2kLsPAU
Tresemme Botanique Conditioner: https://amzn.to/2JdmVmM
Cantu Shea Butter Co-wash: http://amzn.to/2EyRKEj
Cantu Shea Butter Deep treatment Masque: https://amzn.to/2KCxyjg
Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in: http://amzn.to/2mULjOG
Shea Moisture C&H Curl Enhancing Smoothie: http://amzn.to/2zanOqF
Shea Moisture Cupuacu Frizz Defence Gel-cream: http://amzn.to/2nFSFL9
Shea Moisture Argan Oil Blowout Crème: https://amzn.to/2szFPxe
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Repair Cream: http://amzn.to/2silZcs
Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Cream: http://amzn.to/2tZlod9
Cantu Shea Butter Curl Activator Cream: http://amzn.to/2snkncz
Cantu Shea Butter Twist & Lock Gel: http://amzn.to/2ujdt9R
Raw Shea Butter: http://amzn.to/2mlkJ1K
Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2lBJRmn
Olive Oil: http://amzn.to/2mtq5XL
Tea Tree Oil: http://amzn.to/2lDL4b9
Peppermint Oil: http://amzn.to/2lhPQdK