Welcome back to my blog Loves. It’s been a while on here, it’s good to be back.
You already know I cherish my DIYs when it comes to my hair care. I believe I can tailor them to my hair needs and most often they never disappoint. The major plus is most of them are cheap to make using readily available products. In today’s post, I’m gonna be sharing MY TOP 5 tested and trusted DIYs for natural hair care.
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE to my blog and leave me nice COMMENTS.
1. AFRICAN BLACK SOAP SHAMPOO: This is the holy grail of DIYs. This inexpensive, easy to make shampoo is my favourite shampoo. It’s amazing for any scalp condition, it clarifies hair without making it dry. It always leaves my hair and scalp squeaky clean and fresh. I add some essential oils (tea tree & peppermint oil) to tailor it to my scalp need; to treat and prevent dandruff, dry & itchy scalp. This combination is also amazing for facilitating blood flow to the scalp and promoting hair growth.
I also use this for my daily face wash. See how I make it HERE.
2. WHIPPED SHEA BUTTER MIX: another DIY that’s amazing. This takes more effort, time & a bit more expensive to make. I use Raw Shea butter and other amazing oils (coconut, olive, Jamaican black castor & olive oil). Adding oils to shea butter and whipping it makes it lightweight and easier to apply. Also, all these oils and Shea butter have amazing benefits on hair and scalp.
I use it to deep condition by adding it to any hair masque I’m using, I use it to moisturise my hair, add shine to my hair, for scalp massage and this is perfect for growing out edges (add peppermint oil to make it work faster).
I believe every household should have this gem in their home, I don’t use it for my hair alone, I also add it to my moisturisers for that melanin-rich glow. See how I make it HERE.
3. RICE WATER RINSE: When the wave about this DIY started, I was one of those people who condemned it, I never thought I’ll be this hook on it. It helps reduce hair shedding/breakage and it always leaves my hair soft and lightweight after use. It’s a mini lightweight protein treatment so it shouldn’t be used too often. See how I make it HERE.
4. AVOCADO & BANANA HAIR MASK: anytime my hair is dry, this is what I use to revive it. It’s extremely moisturising and easy to make. It’s a little messy when applying to here but it’s worth it. I use avocado, banana, honey and my diy whipped Shea butter or oils. All these have great moisturising benefits on hair. See how I make it HERE.
5. ONION & GINGER JUICE: This is one DIY that I don’t use too often because it’s a bit more challenging to make and it has a strong scent. If not careful, the scent can linger in hair. I will recommend this if you need to grow out your edges, have bald spots or need more assistance with hair growth. If your hair grows out at a good rate, you may not want to bother with this. However, I believe it does a good job of facilitating hair growth. See how I make it HERE.
I hope you enjoy today’s post. Have you used any of them before? Please SHARE your thoughts below. Do you have other DIYs you swear by, share them below as well, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- DIY African Black Soap: http://bit.ly/2jLZ8RF
- DIY Whipped Shea Butter: http://bit.ly/2kdEPx8
- DIY Rice Water Rinse: http://bit.ly/2Mcbr4U
- DIY Avocado & Banana Hair Mask: http://bit.ly/2xNAUuv
- DIY Onion & Ginger Juice: http://bit.ly/2TjXecE
- Top 5 Oils for fast Hair Growth: http://bit.ly/2KFlUGa
- DIY Protein Treatment: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- DIY Tea Rinse: http://bit.ly/2GYRbUg
- Deep Conditioning Routine: http://bit.ly/2jNHsD5
- How I grow & Care For My Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2o4fk3R
- How to Treat & Prevent Natural Hair Breakage: http://bit.ly/2QfO0wr
- How to Moisturise Dry Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2jjr6Au
- Top 4 Moisturisers for Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2NsWWx6
- 5 Reasons your Hair is always Dry: http://bit.ly/2oNuTL0
- How to Properly Detangle Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2GHRRxK
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored