Welcome back, guys. I know it’s been while on here, life has been busy lately. Anyways, I recently coloured my hair, and in my quest to find ways and products to maintain my hair health, vitality, texture and colour, I stumbled on the Olaplex no. 3 as a treatment after colouring hair and have been using it since then on my wash days. Hence, in today’s post, I will be reviewing THE OLAPLEX No. 3 HAIR PERFECTOR.
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE to my blog and leave me nice COMMENTS.
The Olaplex brand has about 6-7 products which range from 0-6 and are designed to maintain hair health especially coloured, chemically treated and heat trained hair. Most of the products in this range claim to repair and strengthen. The no. 1 & 2 can only be got by licensed cosmetologists and used during the hair dye process. However, other products are available to buy. When I was colouring my hair, I used the no. 3 as a post dye treatment and have been using it since then.
CLAIM: Rescue damaged hair and preserve healthy tresses with this luxurious Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector. Olaplex has taken the hair world by storm, minimising the damage associated with colouring and styling to help prevent breakage, split ends and dryness. The conditioning treatment is infused with the same active ingredient as the salon-grade Olaplex No.1 and No.2, allowing you to continue your professional hair maintenance routine at home. The pioneering formula is engineered with a Bond Multiplying System, which seeks to reconnect broken disulphide sulphur bonds in hair, effectively resetting the hair from within to allow enhanced regrowth, structure and integrity.B Ideal for those who frequently style, colour or bleach their hair, this conditioning treatment will help to prevent and repair the damage, restoring a silky softness to the hair while minimising breakage to promote re-growth of snapped ends.
INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Quaternium-91, Sodium Benzoate, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-37, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Etidronic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Phytantriol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.
HOW TO USE: Apply a generous amount to towel-dried hair, comb through and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or longer, then rinse, shampoo and condition. This is NOT a conditioning treatment to be left on the hair. The longer this is left on, the more effective it will be. This may be used more than once a week if necessary.
- Packaging: This product comes in a cylindrical plastic bottle with a squeeze-out opening containing 100ml or 250ml of product. It’s a convenient packaging which is easy to use, doesn’t slip down in the shower, squeezes out a good amount of product, no mess, no spillage. I like it.
- Colour & Consistency: It is white in colour with pap-like, well-whipped consistency. Not runny and not too thick. Has a perfect consistency that makes it easy to be applied to the hair and melts into the hair right away.
- Scent: It has a nice sweet scent which is soft and not overpowering. It doesn’t linger much too.
- I apply this to my hair, pre-shampoo, the night before my wash day.
- I apply it to the entirety of my hair from end to tips paying more attention to the ends of my hair,
- Then covered with a plastic cap and go to bed in it,
- I leave it in my hair overnight, then wash it off with shampoo the following morning,
- Follow up with deep conditioning, moisturising and styling
- This product is easy to apply as I said.
- My hair feels conditioned and moisturised after rinsing it off.
- The health of my hair and its texture has been maintained, thanks to this product.
- I have minimal breakage when detangling my hair,
- My hair colour hasn’t fade.
- It has become one of the staples in my hair stash since I coloured my hair.
VERDICT: This is a special treatment I have incorporated into my hair routine since I coloured it. Special treatments like this one are essential for coloured hair to maintain the health of the hair and prevent damage. I love most things about this product except the price. It’s too expensive and not much is in the bottle especially the 100ml one which takes me only about two uses. Hence, I give it 4.5/5.
WATCH DEMO ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
I hope you enjoyed my review of this product. Have you used it before? Please SHARE your thought below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment Review: http://bit.ly/2m58L0i
- How I Grow & Care for my Natural Hair: http://bit.ly/2lkdlWr
- Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo Review: http://bit.ly/2kcA030
- Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-in Review: http://bit.ly/2iXp9c9
- Shea Moisture JBCO Styling Lotion Review: http://bit.ly/2wb38Ak
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intense Hydration Range Review: http://bit.ly/2B34KOX
- Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk Range Review: http://bit.ly/2z93hmm
- Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Range Review: http://bit.ly/2DMsK88
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored