Welcome back guys. My hair had been crazy these days with lots of breakage, shedding and split ends that were driving me nuts. I decided to give it an intensive treatment using the APHOGEE TWO-STEP PROTEIN TREATMENT which I’m gonna be reviewing in today’s post. This treatment is a two-step treatment as the name indicates with 2 products;
- the Protein treatment and
- the Balancing moisturiser to condition
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE to my blog and leave me nice COMMENTS.
CLAIM: ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a serious treatment for seriously damaged hair. It rebuilds broken damaged hair.
- It is a unique treatment formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced.
- It is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, it hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring.
HOW TO USE: Shake well before use!
- Gently cleanse hair with ApHogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. Rinse thoroughly and towel blot dry.
- Apply enough ApHogee Treatment to thoroughly saturate hair and comb blend through with a wide toothed comb for even distribution.
- Leave hair uncovered, DO NOT use a plastic cap. Seat client under medium heat dryer, with high airflow. (Alternatively, a hand dryer may be used, but hair SHOULD NOT be agitated while drying.) NOTE: When ApHogee Treatment is dried into the hair, the hair becomes extremely hard. DO NOT comb or brush hair while ApHogee Treatment is dried and in the hair.
- Re-wet and gently rinse thoroughly with warm water. Remove all excess dried protein. Towel dry.
- Apply ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer to hair and scalp. Leave on for 2 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Proceed to next service or style as usual.
PRICE: £11.98 for both protein treatment and balancing moisturiser on Amazon
- Packaging: They are both packed in cylindrical bottles with flip-flop opening. The protein treatment comes in a white bottle contains 4oz of product; the balancing moisturiser in a purple bottle containing 8oz of product
- Colour & Consistency: the treatment is a brown liquid product that dries to a white film. The treatment felt sticky on hand when it dried down. It felt like egg white which makes me think the base ingredient is egg white. The balancing moisturiser is white in colour with pap-like consistency and has good slip.
On Application: As stated in the direction
- I applied the protein treatment to my hair after cleansing
- I applied it in sections and worked it in
- Left it uncovered and used a blow dryer to apply heat
- It dried down and my hair hardened
- I left it in my hair for more than 30 minutes
- Then I rinsed it off with warm water, conditioned and detangled my hair with the balancing moisturiser
- The moisturiser has a nice scent, good slip to detangle with and very moisturising.
- I noticed an immediate change in my hair; my hair looked so good, my curls clumped nicely, I had less strand knots and the breakage I had reduced.
- The breakage I have been having on my wash day since then has reduced compared to what it was.
VERDICT: This is a good treatment which is worth every penny paid for it. I used to use the DIY Egg treatment as my protein treatment but I have read it is not a suitable treatment for hair as an egg is too big to penetrate hair follicles, hence, I decided to use this and it did not disappoint. It left my hair strong with less breakage and single strand knots.
I hope you enjoyed my review of these products. Have you used any of them before? Please SHARE your thought below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- DIY Protein Treatment: http://bit.ly/2jfVoEp
- ORS Olive Oil Shampoo & Conditioner Review: http://bit.ly/2LlZWIr
- Tresemme Botanique Shampoo & Conditioners Review: http://bit.ly/2CAanFN
- Pantene Gold Series Range Review: http://bit.ly/2EEOyax
- Cantu Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque Review: http://bit.ly/2A5fbRP
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intense Hydration Range Review: http://bit.ly/2B34KOX
- Shea Moisture Argan Oil & Almond Milk Range Review: http://bit.ly/2z93hmm
- Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Range Review: http://bit.ly/2DMsK88
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
Let’s be Friends :
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored