Welcome back, guys. One of the brands that have been making waves in the beauty world is The Ordinary Skincare, probably because it’s inexpensive yet comparable to high-end products and it has a wide variety of product for different skin challenges.
For these reasons, I have been on the fence about trying it because I was thinking these are too good to be true. Then, recently, I gave it a go and it’s been hit & misses for me.
I got some of their products;
- Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
- 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder.
- The Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
If you enjoy this post, please don’t forget to LIKE, SHARE, SUBSCRIBE to my blog and leave me nice COMMENTS.
I have been using these 5 products for a while and like I said they are hits and misses for me. In today’s post, I’m gonna be sharing some of my favourites as well as the uhhhmmm.
The HYALURONIC ACID 2% + B5
Claim: A lightweight, hydrating Hyaluronic Acid serum. This ultra-lightweight serum combines three types of hyaluronic acid at varying molecular sizes with vitamin B5, to visibly hydrate and plump the skin. Skin’s moisture retention, lipid barrio and surface hydration are all improved, leading to healthier, softer skin. It’s twice the size to last even longer.
Hyaluronic acid – attracts up to 1000 times its weight in water
Vitamin B5 – hydrates and heals dry and damaged skin by stabilising skin’s barrier and promoting the growth of stronger tissue.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Sodium Hyaluronate (Read about Hyaluronic Acid and how to use it here), Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
How To Use: Smooth a few drops onto face in the AM and PM before creams. Which is exactly how I use it.
Price: £5.90 on Beauty Bay
Review: This is absolutely my favourite product from this brand, in fact, my favourite hyaluronic acid product ever. It works!!!
- It hydrates my skin and keeps it moisturised.
- It has become a staple in my beauty routine, I’m on my second bottle.
- It comes in a clear glass bottle containing 30ml of product with a dropper applicator for £5.90
- I apply it on my face after cleansing and toning,
- It’s lightweight and gets absorbed fast
- Then I follow up with any moisturising serum or moisturiser I am using.
NIACINAMIDE 10% + ZINC 1%
Claim: A serum that helps to combat blemishes, congestions and sebum overproduction. Using two of the most efficient blemish-battling ingredients in an ultra-high concentration formula, this light, fluid serum works to reduce both future breakouts and the appearance of existing blemishes. By controlling sebum production, pores remain clear and decongested from blemish-causing bacteria, ensuring clearer, calmer skin with prolonged use.
Niacinamide – Excellent for improving general skin health, niacinamide boosts skin’s immunity and improves moisture retention by strengthening the epidermal barrier.
Zinc – Supports skin structure by healing damaged skin and encouraging the production of collagen and elastin.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
How To Use: Apply to the entire face morning and evening before heavier creams. Which is exactly how I use it.
Price: £5 on Beauty Bay
Review: I got this product later and I blamed myself for not getting it earlier. I used to use Vitamin C products and Glycolic acid for my blesh control but I noticed they were not working as fast as I needed them to, then I got this serum. I am glad I got it.
- It comes in a clear glass bottle containing 30ml of product with a dropper applicator for £5
- I apply a few drops to my face after cleansing and toning at night alongside the hyaluronic acid
- This kind of foams a bit when rubbing it in
- It gets absorbed fast,
- Then, I follow with any moisturising serum or moisturiser.
- I have noticed a huge difference in my skin texture. My acne spots fade faster and the textures on my face gone.
- It’s so good.
NEITHER HIT nor MISS
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Claim: An exfoliating peel. Treating the top layer of skin, AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution exfoliates for a brighter and clearer complexion. Fighting visible blemishes continued weekly use reduces pore congestion and fine lines for a bright, youthful complexion.
Not to be used on sensitive, damaged skin
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution causes enhanced sensitivity to sunlight, always follow with sun protection
Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Xanthan gum, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.
How To Use:
- Use up to twice a week in the evening.
- Apply to clean, DRY skin and leave for no more than 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Price: £6.25 on Beauty Bay
Review: This is neither a hit nor miss for me. I use other products for what it claims to do, hence I have not noticed a miraculous change in my skin, I still love to use it though because of its claims
- It comes in a clear glass bottle containing 30ml of product with a dropper
- I apply it to my face after cleansing and leave it on for about 10 minutes
- It is red in colour, feels tingly when applied and kind of dry down.
- Then I rinse it off and moisturise my face.
- I use it weekly, and like I said I don’t notice a huge difference in my skin whether I use it or not.
GLYCOLIC ACID 7% Toning Solution
Claim: A gentle exfoliating toner to brighten and refine skin texture. Promoting radiance, Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution is a daily use treatment. Gradually improving skin texture, use once a day after cleansing to brighten and tone. Formulated with an alpha hydroxyl acid that mildly exfoliates, this essential toner also contains Tasmanian Pepperberry, Ginseng and Aloe Vera to reduce and soothe irritation for a healthy, even finish.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Rosa damascena flower water, Centaurea cyanus flower water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Aminomethyl Propanol, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Aspartic Acid, Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glutamic Acid, Arginine, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Hexyl Nicotinate, Dextrin, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Gellan Gum, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.
How To Use:
- Use in the evening.
- Apply to a cotton pad and sweep over cleansed skin.
- Do not rinse. Exactly how I use it.
Price: £6.75 on Beauty Bay
Review: This is another neither hit nor miss for me.
- It comes in a plastic bottle containing 240ml of product
- It is more viscosity than most toners I have used
- I apply it on my face using a cotton pad at night
- It takes a while to dry down
- I have used other glycolic acid toner and it works better for me
- So, I may not repurchase this once the bottle runs out.
- I like using it though out of necessity
100% L-ASCORBIC ACID Powder
Claim: A high concentration of Vitamin C to brighten the skin and reduce the visible signs of ageing.Perfect for dull, mature or uneven skin tones, 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder can be mixed with your favourite sun cream or moisturiser to deliver a brighter, softer and smoother complexion. An effective antioxidant, this powder formula provides the most direct exposure of Vitamin C for maximum results.
Ingredient: Ascorbic Acid.
How To Use:
- Mix a small amount with other treatments in the palm of your hand
- Apply to the face in the morning and evening
Please note: A tingling sensation can be expected after application. Please note: Do not mix with formulations containing Niacinamide or EUK 134.
Price: £4.90 on Beauty Bay
Review: This is a total miss for me
- It’s a white powder that comes in a brown glass tub containing 20g of product
- I mix this with the hyaluronic serum and apply on my face
- It feels tingly on the face and later cools down. I hate the tingly feeling
- I used it for a while and there was no difference in my skin; my acne scars refused to fade.
- Then I stopped using it and swapped to the niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum which works better.
These are some of The Ordinary Skincare products I have tried. I am looking to try more products from this brand, just not sure which one. If you have any recommendation, please SHARE below.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post. Have you used any of them before? Please SHARE your thought below, LIKE, and SHARE my post. Follow my blog via BLOGLOVIN or subscribe via E-MAIL and check out my Youtube Channel.
- Superdrug Glycolic Acid Toner Review: http://bit.ly/2mleTP5
- Superdrug Vitamin C serum Review: http://bit.ly/2uW140I
- My Skincare Routine + Products: http://bit.ly/2B942zd
Let’s be Friends :
- Instagram : kenny_olapade
- Facebook: kenny olapade
- YouTube Channel : Kenny Olapade
- Twitter: kennyolapade01
- Bloglovin:Kenny olapade
- Snapchat: kenny olapade
- E-mail : [email protected]
For business inquiries, sponsorship or reviews, please email me: [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: Not Sponsored